Vineyard Theatre is staffed by a team of talented, creative and hard-working individuals who are dedicated to maintaining and enriching the life of The Vineyard. Open positions are listed below when they become available. Follow the appropriate links for information on the position and how to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Comptroller is a critical member of the Vineyard Theatre team responsible for the day to day financial management of the organization. A true non-profit finance professional, the Comptroller will lead the annual audit process, providing all documentation and reporting to outside accounting firm Shall & Ashenfarb. Reporting to the General Manager, the Comptroller will have a critical role to play in the organization’s financial planning and keeping the company on its current path of sustainable management.
Financial Management Duties
● Creation and maintenance of annual budget in consultation with General Manager, Director of Production, and Managing Director
● Serve as direct contact for the payroll company.
● Process weekly payroll and timesheets
● Manage and report on accounts receivable and payable.
● Perform reconciliation of daily sales reports.
● Manage weekly bill pay
● Manages and reports on current balances and cash position, maintaining an annual cash flow report reviewed quarterly with Managing Director and General Manager
● Tracks credit card sales and monitors collections, troubleshooting as necessary.
● Executes all banking transactions.
● Reconciles Petty Cash.
● Prepares drafts of updated budgets.
● Manages annual audit preparation and during on-site visits.
● Maintains all fiscal files in good order.
● Reconciles with development and marketing departments.
● Manages year end income tax reporting (W2, 1099, etc.) with payroll company and accountants.
● Serves as direct contact for accountants and auditors.
● Executes all union, insurance, workers compensation, and unemployment filings.
● Purchase and administrate general liability insurance policy/manage any claims filed.
● Maintain, oversee, and advise on all matters pertaining to fiscal planning and policy.
● Attend all Finance Committee Meetings
● Support General Manager in pulling and updating quarterly P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow statements for Finance Committee Meetings and prior to Board Meetings, Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications
● 5 years of progressive financial management experience, or equivalent education and work experience with preference given to candidates with experience working within a non-profit context
● Genuine joy found in the arts preferably with a demonstrated passion for theatre
● Person of deep integrity who demonstrates good judgment and trustworthiness
● Confident competence in accrual accounting bookkeeping including working in Quickbooks or similar accounting software to make deposits, pay bills, create journal entries, reconcile bank and credit card statements and produce quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet reports.
● Experience preparing for an audit of annual financial statements
● Demonstrable ability to manage cash flow for a financially healthy organization
● Past experience managing capital campaign budgeting and cashflow a plus
● A successful applicant will be able to articulate a history of advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work, fostering a work environment that is safe, respectful, and supportive and that embodies the values of equity and inclusion.
$60,000-$75,000 annually based on experience
Full time benefits include health insurance (100% covered by Vineyard Theatre), vision
and dental insurance (employee contributes), 10 days vacation, 11 staff holidays, 403(b)
plan with 1% employer match after 1 year, life insurance, and commuter benefit packages.
Vineyard Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, people
with disabilities, transgender or gender non-conforming individuals to apply.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Comptroller